KNOXVILLE, Iowa – The One and Only Weekend at Knoxville Raceway, Aug. 13-15, will be a one-of-a-kind event with a unique format and more than $400,000 in prize money on the line.
The format places importance on Thursday’s and Friday’s $10,000-to-win events, with points accumulated from results over the two nights determining drivers’ starting spots for Saturday’s $50,000-to-win Brownells Capitani Classic presented by Great Southern Bank.
Highlights of the unique format include the following:
Thursday and Friday
– Points will be earned for qualifying, heats, the D-main, the C-main, the Last Chance Showdown and the 25-lap feature.
– Drivers will be seeded based on hot lap times to determine the qualifying order for their group – with three cars qualifying at a time.
– The top 48 in qualifying will be inverted into six heat races, meaning eight cars will be inverted in each heat race.
– The top eight in accumulated points from qualifying and the heat races make up the night’s DIRTvision Fast Pass Dash.
– Top 4 in accumulated points from Thursday & Friday are locked into Saturday’s DIRTVision Fast Pass Dash
– The balance of the cars will be split into four qualifying races – the four winners go to the DIRTvision Fast Pass Dash.
– A 30-lap feature paying $50,000-to-win and $3,000-to-start will cap the night.
“This event is like none other and it’s the richest three-day race this season, so since it’s ‘The One and Only’ it calls for a special format,” World of Outlaws CEO Brian Carter said. “This was put together by our World of Outlaws officials, with input from our teams, as well.
“It’s truly everybody coming together to make this week spectacular for the competitors and fans alike.”