Veal Keeps Rolling Down Under


Jamie Veal’s stellar 2014-15 season continued on its merry way tonight at Sungold Stadium, Premier Speedway, Warrnambool as the 26-year-old captured yet another series round victory which proved to be not only a double but a triple celebration for Veal and the SWI Engineering team.

In securing the feature race win, Veal not only claimed the outright series championship but also made the Parr Motorsports Premier Speedway Track Premiership his own as well despite the fact the final round is not set down for decision until Easter Sunday night.

On what was arguably the best racing surface of the season, Veal, Steven Lines and Darren Mollenoyux put on a fantastic battle that lasted the entire 30-lap journey, before Veal was eventually able to break free of the hard charging Lines as he set sail for victory.

As the lap wound down it was Veal taking the win from Lines and seemingly Warrnambool’s Darren Mollenoyux, that was before Mollenoyux’ V77 entry failed to make weight at the compulsory trip to the scales post the feature event.

This promoted Corey McCullagh to a richly deserved podium finish, as he charged from the B main and then through the A main field to be right on the tail of the race leaders.

The luckless Brett Milburn was fourth after displaying his typical never say die attitude right throughout the Eureka Garages and Sheds Series finale.

Ian Loudoun’s continued improvement at the wheel of the David Dickson backed Essendon Ford V3 was again rewarded with a top five finish while rounding out the top ten were Tim Rankin, John Vogels, Peter Milnes, Daniel Pestka and Jake Smith.

They were followed home by Tasmania’s Tim Hutchins, Adam King, Quentin Tanner, Jye O’Keeffe and Ashley Scott while Nick Lacey and Andy Caruana were early race casualties.

Throughout the night a healthy field of Street Stocks also provided some entertaining racing which culminated in their annual Go Switch Go event that has the drivers contesting 20 laps in one direction before a mid race caution has them reverting to the opposite direction for the final 20 lap stanza.

The winner on the night after a torrid battle at the front of the field with local Warrnambool hope Steven Watts was the AX37 car as driven by Darryl Atkinson.

Atkinson was followed home by another of the Alexandra domiciled cars in the AX41 of Darren Forrest while third place fell the way of Darren Paisley in the RDL63 entry.