CONCORD, N.C. – Despite taking the weekend off from racing, Kyle Larson strengthened his position atop the National Sprint Car Rankings.
Larson, who has won 30 winged sprint car features, now has a 1.94 average finish in 59 starts, placing him well ahead of World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series point leader Brad Sweet, who ranks second.
Sweet has a 4.940 average finish in 51 starts.
Larson’s best run in the last week was a runner-up finish during the final night of the Governors Reign at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, coming in behind David Gravel, who sits eighth in the national rankings.
Danny Dietrich sits atop the Eastern region and ranks third nationally with a 5.255 average finish in a national-best 70 races.
Lance Dewease and Logan Schuchart round out the top five.
One hundred and six drivers have reached the mandatory 20-start plateau to be ranked.
Other regional leaders are Cap Henry (Great Lakes), Bill Balog (Great Plains), Jacob Patton (Mid-America), Jack Sodeman Jr. (OH-PA) and Justin Sanders (Western).
Ninety-eight drivers have won the 286 features run this season.
National Sprint Car Rankings
- Kyle Larson, 1.940 (59 starts)
- Brad Sweet, 4.940 (51 starts)
- Danny Dietrich, 5.255 (70 starts)
- Lance Dewease, 5.333 (30 starts)
- Logan Schuchart, 5.400 (53 starts)
- Jade Hastings, 5.400 (20 starts)
- Aaron Reutzel, 5.420 (52 starts)
- David Gravel, 5.420 (52 starts)
- Brent Marks, 5.620 (58 starts)
- Cole Duncan, 6.042 (24 starts)
To view the regional rankings and feature win list, advance to the next page.