JENNERSTOWN, Pa. – Making his first Must See Racing Sprint Car Series presented by Engine Pro appearance of the season, Brian Gerster topped the speed charts during Saturday practice at Jennerstown Speedway.
Gerster toured the .522-mile oval in 15.755 seconds (119.276 mph) with the No. 50m Dick Myers Racing sprinter to lead a 21-car field for the American Racer David D. Mateer Memorial.
The Fishers, Ind., native and two-time series champion is also the sprint car track record holder at Jennerstown. He’s seeking his 24th career win in the series’ fourth points race of the season.
Florida’s Troy DeCaire followed Gerster on the overall charts, with a lap of 15.822 seconds (118.771 mph) in the No. 36 Statham Construction Hurricane.
Also a two-time champion, DeCaire led the way in the first of two rounds of practice and then elected to forego the second round to make a gear change before Engine Pro Time Trials at 3 p.m. ET.
Ohio’s Charlie Schultz (16.024/117.274) clocked the third-fastest lap, followed by series point leader Anthony McCune and Joe Liguori among the top-five runners.
Adam Biltz, Kevin Feeney, Joey Wyckoff, debuting rookie Nolan Allison and Tom Jewell filled out the top 10.
Five-time defending series champion Jimmy McCune was 12th-quick after motor issues in the first round of practice Saturday afternoon.
Pay-per-view tickets for the event are $18.
PRACTICE RESULTS: Must See Racing Sprint Car Series; Jennerstown Speedway; Sept. 12, 2020
- #50m – Brian Gerster, 15.755 seconds
- #36 – Troy DeCaire, 15.822 seconds
- #9s – Charlie Schultz, 16.024 seconds
- #8 – Anthony McCune, 16.175 seconds
- #13 – Joe Liguori, 16.340 seconds
- #8a – Adam Biltz, 16.562 seconds
- #6k – Kevin Feeney, 16.648 seconds
- #2 – Joey Wyckoff, 16.687 seconds
- #16 – Nolan Allison, 16.690 seconds
- #7 – Tom Jewell, 16.734 seconds
- #72s – Joe Speakman, 16.976 seconds
- #88 – Jimmy McCune, 17.060 seconds
- #81 – Steve Surniak, 17.356 seconds
- #85 – Rick Holley, 17.357 seconds
- #12 – Dylan Watson, 17.464 seconds
- #13d – Jacob Dolinar, 17.592 seconds
- #51s – Joshua Sexton, 18.540 seconds
- #15 – Tim Henthorne, 18.576 seconds
- #11g – Tom Geren, 18.829 seconds
- #90 – Todd McQuillen, 18.908 seconds
- #26 – Jeff Bloom, NT