Henry Finally Wins At Attica


ATTICA, Ohio – Cap Henry has watched victory slip through his fingers several times over the years at Attica Raceway Park.

On Friday night the Bellevue, Ohio, driver wasn’t to be denied as he drove to his first ever 410 sprint victory at the track on Edward Jones of Clyde Night.

When early leader Rob Chaney packed a right rear wheel full of mud, Brandon Martin would inherit the lead in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprint feature. But, Henry, who started fifth, drove the bottom groove to perfection and took the lead on lap six and went on take the win aboard the Genzman Racing No. 53.

“It felt like a 50-lapper there with five to go. I was holding my breath the last five laps. Man I can’t thank this Genzman team enough. Marilyn, Guy, Jamie, they’ve been working so hard for me. I really screwed up some stuff of theirs during speedweek and Marilyn stuck with me and I can’t thank her enough,” said Henry.

“Me and Guy (Myers, crew chief) have been working really hard at it. Last week we were really terrible so I guess we made up for it this week. There’s been a lot of closes and maybes here and to finally be able to check out and get rolling is pretty awesome,” added Henry.

It was the final Kistler Racing Products FAST (Fremont Attica Sprint Title) Championship Series event at Attica for 2014. Byron Reed would cut Chris Andrews’ point lead in half with a strong third place finish as the series heads to Fremont Speedway.

Troy Kingan and Rob Chaney would bring the field to the green for the 30-lap 410 sprint feature. Chaney would bolt into the lead over Brandon Martin, Henry, Chris Andrews, Stuart Williams and Kingan. With two laps in Chaney had built up a sizeable lead over Martin, Henry, Andrews, Williams, Byron Reed and Dean Jacobs.

Action would grind to a halt on lap three as Jody Keegan, Brian Nuckles and Kingan tangled with Keegan ending up on his side. During the red flag, Chaney would push to the work area with a right rear wheel packed with mud. On the restart Andrew Palker would hit the cone on the front stretch bringing out the yellow and moving him back two positions.

When the green flew again Martin lead Henry, Andrews, Reed and Jacobs. Henry would race to the outside of Martin on lap six to take the lead. Henry pulled away as the leaders raced into lapped traffic by lap 10 with Martin in second while Reed got by Andrews for third as Jacobs and Craig Mintz closed.