Merry Christmas and welcome to a Christmas Eve version of the Friday Morning Heat Race. Thanks for spending a small portion of your holiday with us.
In this 12-lap edition of the heat race we are going to recap our favorite moments of the 2010 racing season.
1. Tim Shaffer winning the 50th annual Knoxville Nationals. A dramatic and popular conclusion to a terrific night of racing.
2. Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton shoving each other on the backstretch at Texas Motor Speedway in November. Good stuff from two guys perceived to walk the straight line.
3. Four-wide drag racing at zMAX Dragway in Concord, N.C. We sat in the grandstands with the ticket buyers and their enthusiasm was electric.
4. Boris Said winning his first NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Montreal.
5. The debut of the sleek looking NASCAR Nationwide Series Car of Tomorrow.
6. Jason Meyers clinching the World of Outlaws championship in style with a pair of victories at The Dirt Track at Charlotte.
7. Chevrolet announcing its return to IndyCar Series racing.
8. John Force winning his 15th NHRA Funny Car championship.
9. The added element the USAC National Driver’s Championship brought to USAC racing. Now, all it needs is more promotion.
10. Kyle Busch sweeping all three NASCAR races at Bristol Motor Speedway in August.
11. Tony Stewart winning winged sprint car races and Ryan Newman winning NASCAR modified events.
12. Watching the mind games that Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick played with Denny Hamlin during the Chase for the Sprint Cup.