CONCORD, N.C. — With the weekend approaching, let’s kick it off with a six-pack of questions we’re pondering after the opening third of the racing season.
1. Will Juan Pablo Montoya regain form as the Verizon IndyCar Series heads to Indianapolis for the month of May? He’s looked out to lunch during the first three races of the season.
2. What is the mysterious illness that is keeping Josh Richards from competing on the World of Outlaws Late Model Series this season? Brandon Sheppard and Rick Eckert have filled in for him this season.
3. How many other professional athletes can keep up with Ryan Villopoto? His savage workout routine has helped him win four consecutive Supercross titles when most of his competitors miss multiple races with injury each season.
4. Can Joey Saldana or Paul McMahan steal the thunder from the multi-car Tony Stewart Racing and Kasey Kahne Racing teams in the race for the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series championship? Both Saldana and McMahan are in the title battle as the series headed to Eldora Speedway this weekend.
5. Will Marc Marquez or Lewis Hamilton win more grands prix this season? Marquez won the first three MotoGP events and Hamilton won three of the first four Formula One races.
6. What will Rico Abreu do to top a first two months of the season where he won Honda USAC National Dirt Midget Series, World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series, Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Car Series and King of the West Sprint Car Series features? Once known as Kyle Larson’s best friend, Abreu is making a name for himself on the national level.