Ken Block is the latest driver to announce he will join the all-new FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy. The American star has confirmed he will compete in a minimum of three rounds in 2014.
Block – who will drive a Ford Fiesta as part of the Hoonigan Racing Division – will begin his World RX campaign in Hell, Norway June 14-15, and will also compete in Loheac, France (Sept. 6-7) and Istanbul, Turkey (Oct. 11-12).
“I’m stoked with how the new liveries for my Ford Fiestas have turned out, as well as the race schedule we’ve been able to put together for 2014,” Block said. “Once again I’ve been fortunate enough to put together a highly diverse schedule that has me going around the world and, most interestingly, racing in three of the World Rallycross Championship rounds for the first time ever. I’m pretty sure nobody has a better job than me this year.”
This latest news follows on from last week’s announcement that former Formula One World Champion Jacques Villeneuve will join the World RX grid.
Martin Anayi, Managing Director of World RX for IMG Motorsport – a division of IMG, the global sport, fashion and media company – welcomed the announcement as another positive story for motorsport’s fastest growing championship.
“We’re absolutely delighted to have Ken Block and Hoonigan Racing on board for three rounds of this year’s FIA World Rallycross Championship,” said Anayi. “Block’s style epitomises World RX and his huge international following will help lift the profile of our championship to a younger and more digitally-savvy generation. He’s a hugely exciting personality to have onboard in 2014 and his spectacular driving style will make for fantastic crowd-pleasing entertainment.”