It’s All Erik Jones In Texas XFINITY Go

Erik Jones celebrates winning Saturday's NASCAR XFINITY Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. (Ivan Veldhuizen photo)

FT. WORTH, Texas — The final 102 laps of Saturday’s My Bariatric Solutions 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series race at Texas Motor Speedway ran caution free with Erik Jones leading every one of them.

Driving the No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, Jones beat Ryan Blaney’s Team Penske Ford to the checkered flag by .512 seconds for his first victory of the season and the seventh of his career.

“We have to look at what the track was doing over the race and how the track changed,” Jones said. “We really didn’t make many adjustments during the course of the race.”

Jones, who led 112 of the 200 laps, won the first stage with William Byron winning the second, but Jones was on the point for the restart for the third stage and was never challenged as he led Blaney throughout the run to the checkered flag.

Erik Jones takes the checkered flag Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway. (HHP/Alan Marler photo)

Blaney was fast early in the racing, leading 43 laps, but he didn’t have enough at the end.

“I felt like we were kind of even with them 10 laps into a run but then he got so far out ahead that we couldn’t run him down,” Blaney said. “Just couldn’t get there. I thought it was a solid weekend overall for the 22 group. I felt the way the car has been running on that side is promising. It has been second a lot this year and that team deserves a win. They have been working hard the past six months to get competitive again and be in position to win races. We just need to have one go our way.”

Kevin Harvick finished third despite being more than 20 seconds behind the leader in his Stewart-Haas Racing Ford. Austin Dillon was fourth in a Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet with rookie Cole Custer fifth in another SHR Ford.

Roush Fenway Racing Ford driver Darrell Wallace Jr. finished sixth for the fifth consecutive race.

“I really fought hard there and did look with about nine laps to go where I was and got it mixed up between us and the 9 (Byron) and we were sixth,” Wallace said. “Unreal. Shout out to my guys. My pit crew was on it all day and all year. They put us in the game there on the green-flag stop. I saw we came out a couple spots ahead of the guys we were behind and I knew it would be a good day.”

Six caution flags slowed the first two segments of the race as drivers struggled to keep traction on the newly resurfaced 1.5-mile race track, while there were 11 lead changes among seven drivers.

But there were no lead changes and no yellow flags during the final 102-lap run to the checkered flag.

To see full results, turn to the next page.