MARTINSVILLE, Va. – Landon Cassill will not return to Front Row Motorsports for the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season.
Cassill said on Tuesday that team team informed him of their decision on Monday.
“It’s definitely tough,” Cassill said on Tuesday during a break in a test session at Martinsville Speedway. “But I’ve been through this before and it seems my work ethic and my ability to work with these teams has always kind of carried me. I don’t plan on that changing.”
Cassill joined Front Row Motorsports in 2016, scoring a best finish of 11th last year at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. He’s made 253 NASCAR Cup Series starts with a best finish of fourth at Talladega in 2014 while driving for Joe Falk.
Front Row Motorsports has not announced any plans for 2018.
“We’re thankful for the last two years having Landon as a teammate and an ambassador for our sponsors, and we’ll keep working hard with him and the No. 34 team for the best possible results the remainder of the 2017 season,” the team said in a statement.