DACONO, Colo. — Chris Eggleston didn’t let a rain delay prevent him from winning in front of his hometown fans Saturday night in the NAPA/Toyota 150 at Colorado National Speedway.
The 26-year-old Erie, Colo., native collected his second consecutive NASCAR K&N Pro Series West victory after leading 102 laps. It wasn’t an easy win however, Eggleston had to overcome a two hour rain delay and numerous battles for the lead, including one with his teammate Todd Gilliland with one lap to go.
This marks the Colorado native’s second K&N Pro Series West win at his home track. He earned his first in 2014, which resulted in him getting a full-time ride with Bill McAnally Racing and ultimately, the 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West championship.
Gilliland, a member of the 2016-17 NASCAR Next class and the leader in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, finished runner-up to his teammate after winning the 21 Means 21 Pole Award earlier in the day.
Gracin Raz, last year’s NAPA/Toyota 150 race winner Ryan Partridge and Blaine Perkins rounded out the top five.
- (2) Chris Eggleston, Erie, Colo., Toyota, 150 laps, 51.139 mph.
- (1) Todd Gilliland, Sherrils Ford, N.C., Toyota, 150.
- (5) Gracin Raz, Lake Oswego, Ore., Ford, 150.
- (4) Ryan Partridge, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Ford, 150.
- (6) Blaine Perkins, Bakersfield, Calif., Chevrolet, 150.
- (7) Julia Landauer, New York, N.Y., Toyota, 150.
- (11) Ron Norman, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 150.
- (12) Matt Levin, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 150.
- (8) Cole Rouse, Fort Smith, Ark., Ford, 150.
- (10) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, NV, Ford, 150.
- (13) Stafford Smith, Eagle, Idaho., Toyota, 150.
- (15) Dan Phillippi, Los Angeles, Calif., Toyota, 150.
- (9) Riley Herbst, Las Vegas, Nev., Toyota, 149.
- (3) Cole Moore, Granite Bay, Calif., Toyota, 149.
- (14) John Wood, Eagle, ID, Chevrolet, 149.
- (16) Jesse Iwuji, Dallas, Texas, Toyota, 147.