Blazusiak Conquers Denver EnduroCross

Taddy Blazusiak

DENVER — Red Bull KTM Factory Racing backed Taddy Blazusiak came out on top of an exciting night of racing at the KTM Motorcycles Denver EnduroCross, presented by Fox Racing.

A vocal crowd enjoyed a full night of close racing inside the National Western Complex.
New for 2019, the Super EnduroCross class uses a three moto format to determine the overall results and Blazusiak had strong 1-1-2 scores to take the top step of the podium.

That second in the final moto came after a first-lap crash. Rockstar Husqvarna’s Colton Haaker finished second with 2-2-4 results. He finished a close second in the first two motos but a first-lap crash in moto three resulted in his leg being stuck in his bike. He managed to come back for a fourth to edge out RPM KTM’s Trystan Hart, who had 3-5-1 moto results.

For the second race in a row, Blazusiak got the day started by setting the fastest time during the Seat Concepts Hot Lap with a 48.618 second laps. Hart, TM’s Ty Cullins, Haaker and Beta’s Max Gerston rounded out the top five.

Hart took the Fox Holeshot in moto one with Cullins close behind. Blazusiak passed Cullins on lap two but it took him until lap five of nine to pass Hart for the lead. Haaker completed lap one in fifth and worked his way through the field to pass Hart for second on lap six. He closed in on Blazusiak but was not able to make a pass for the lead. Hart hung on for third. Gerston and Cullins rounded out the top five in moto one.

In moto two, the gate picks were reversed from the moto one results and SRT/Three Bros Husqvarna backed Noah Kepple took the lead and led the first lap. Blazusiak came out second despite the second-row start and passed Kepple on lap two. Haaker moved past Kepple on lap three and again closed on Blazusaiak but again finished a close second.

Kepple held on for third in the moto. Cullins and Hart finished fourth and fifth, respectively.
Hart came out of turn one with the lead in moto three ahead of Kepple and Cullins. Blazusiak had a good start but was pushed a little wide and then he and Haaker collided on the second jump putting them both on the ground. Blazusiak got up pretty quickly and rejoined the race and completed lap one in ninth. Haaker’s leg was stuck in his bike and it took him a lot of time to get going well behind the field.

Upfront, Hart rode a flawless race to take the moto win. Blazusiak managed to work his way up to second place on lap five of nine and closed the gap a little on Hart but settled for second in the moto, which was more than enough for the overall win. Gerston finished third in the moto. Haaker sliced through the field and passed Cullins for fourth on the penultimate lap. That position was just enough to edge out Hart for second overall. Gerston finished fourth overall with 4-6-3 results. Cullins rounded out the top five overall with 5-4-5 scores.