DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – American Flat Track has announced its provisional 18-event schedule for the upcoming season, which once again features coast-to-coast action and launches at Daytona Int’l Speedway on March 14 with the Daytona TT.
It all finishes next fall with the Meadowlands Mile finale at the famed MetLife Sports Complex in East Rutherford, N.J. A date for that event will be announced shortly.
There are two entirely new events for 2019, as well as one that’s returning to the schedule after a one-year hiatus.
The returning venue is the Half-Mile at Perris Auto Speedway in Perris, Calif., the site of the 2017 season finale and a race track enjoyed by AFT riders. The new locations are Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, Ariz., and an all-new event in New Hampshire near the famed Laconia Bike Week gathering, which runs from June 8-16.
The 2019 schedule features a nicely balanced number of events, with six Miles, five Half-Miles, four Short Tracks and five TTs.
AFT Singles run a TT and Short Track before each of the two Springfield Mile events, which is why 20 total events dot the 2019 calendar.
“AFT is coming off the back of a record-breaking season and we have planned the 2019 schedule to push things to the next level,” said Michael Lock, CEO of American Flat Track. ”We are delighted to be restoring the series to Southern California and taking American Flat Track to New England next summer, two traditional hotbeds of professional motorcycle racing.”
As American Flat Track enters its third year of broadcast coverage on NBCSN and sixth year of live streaming coverage on FansChoice.tv, all signs point to substantial viewership growth. AFT ended the season with record-breaking TV, live-streaming and ticket-sale numbers.
More than three million viewers – the largest viewing audience in the history of the sport – either tuned in or bought tickets to AFT events this year.
2019 American Flat Track Schedule
1. March 14: DAYTONA TT – Daytona Int’l Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2. March 23: Atlanta Short Track – Dixie Speedway, Woodstock, Ga.
3. April 20: Texas Half-Mile – Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas
4. April 27: Wild Horse TT – Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, Chandler, Ariz.
5. May 11: Perris Half-Mile – Perris Auto Speedway, Perris, Calif.
6. May 18: Sacramento Mile – Cal Expo, Sacramento, Calif.
7. May 26: Springfield Mile I – Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.
8. June 1: Red Mile – Red Mile, Lexington, Ky.
9. June 15: Laconia Short Track – TBA, N.H.
10. June 29: Lima Half-Mile – Allen County Fairgrounds, Lima, Ohio
11. July 6: New York Short Track – Weedsport Speedway, Weedsport, N.Y.
12. Aug. 4: Buffalo Chip TT – Buffalo Chip, Sturgis, S.D.
13. Aug. 6: Black Hills Half-Mile – Black Hills Speedway, Rapid City, S.D.
14. Aug. 17: Peoria TT – Peoria Motorcycle Club, Peoria, Ill.
15. Sept. 1: Springfield Mile II – Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ill.
16. Sept. 7: Williams Grove Half-Mile – Williams Grove Speedway, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
17. Sept. 21: Minnesota Mile – Canterbury Park, Shakopee, Minn.
18. TBA: Meadowlands Mile – Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment, East Rutherford, N.J.