SOMERSET, Ky. — Officials with the Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Late Model Series presented by DirtonDirt and the Brucebilt Performance Iron-Man Open Wheel Series have made several schedule adjustments for April and May.
Due to state and local officials advising businesses not to hold events where people can gather during the COVID-19 pandemic, officials have postponed the following events:
– The Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Late Model Series-sanctioned Bill Corum Memorial April 11 at Tazewell (Tenn.) Speedway, scheduled to pay $21,000-to-win and co-sanctioned with the Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Series.
– The Brucebilt Iron-Man Open Wheel Series event April 17 at Ponderosa (KY) Speedway.
– The Brucebilt Iron-Man Open Wheel Series event April 24 at Tri-County Race Track in Brasstown, N.C.
– The Brucebilt Iron-Man Open Wheel Series April 25 event at Wartburg (Tenn.) Speedway.
– The Brucebilt Iron-Man Open Wheel Series May 1 event at Crossville (Tenn.) Speedway and the May 2 event at Tazewell (TN) Speedway.
All events were scheduled to pay $1,200-to-win.
The season opener for the Open Wheel Series is now scheduled for Saturday, June 13 at Lake Cumberland Speedway in Burnside, Ky., which will pay $1,200-to-win during the Finn Watson Memorial.
The Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Late Model Series presented by DirtonDirt season opener will be Saturday, May 16 at Lake Cumberland Speedway in Burnside, Ky., paying $4,031-to-win during the annual Johnny Wheeler Memorial.
The series has begun to look at possible makeup dates and are coordinating with race tracks so that most, if not all, events can be rescheduled at some point during the season.